Saturday, July 12, 2014

Beach Day!

Hej!

So I've been a terrible blogger recently - I've been meaning to get more posts out more promptly, but I'm in the middle of a mini-vacation, so it's hard to time manage when naps get involved. I started off my two week vacation in Rome (blogpost to come, I promise!), spent the next day on the beach with my house family, and am currently packing for a cruise along the coast of Norway. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle 7 weeks of research when I get back from vacation!

Here is a picture of mud cake and whip cream on a Swedish beach called Saxenhov. There were a couple interesting differences between the beach here and the beaches in California. Firstly, the beaches here don't always have sand. If you look at the picture closely, you can notice that a lot of the beach is just land hitting water without creating a shore. Secondly, just about all of the women had on bikinis regardless of age or size. In fact, a few women were even tanning topless. Nudity isn't as big of an issue here as in the states; people are expected to mind their own business and let other people enjoy the sun. Speaking of the sun, A LOT of people are super sunburnt whenever the sun comes out for a few days. The Swedish love to enjoy the sun while it is here, even if it means getting burnt. Thirdly, I saw about 6 people wearing swimsuits that had the American flag on them. I never realized how popular "American" items are outside of the US. Because people watch American TV shoes and listen to some American artists, it is popular to wear the American flag as a pattern.

Okay so this time I'm going to try to set a reasonable blogpost goal - I will aim to have another post written by July 26th which is exactly 2 weeks from now and a week after my vacation ends. I'm not sure if it will be about the cruise or about Rome, but it will be good!

Thank you all for taking the time to read about my summer shenanigans; I couldn't motivate myself to write these blogposts if I didn't know someone at least chuckled at them!

I hope you all are enjoying your summer as much as I am mine!
Dilpreet 

No comments:

Post a Comment