Thursday, June 19, 2014

I've Landed!!

As I found my seat and settled in to my connecting flight from JFK to Stockholm, I noticed a couple guys in suits wearing a security pin and having those fancy secret service ear pieces. Then enters an older gentleman who started shaking everyone's hand. Being sleep deprived and not super up-to-date with politics I assumed it was someone important but didn't know who. But then I heard the whispers of "I've never shook a president's hand before" and "I guess former presidents still like to interact with the American public". Then it hit me, Former President Jimmy Carter had just shaken my hand. Here is a blurry picture I got of him as he left the plane. I sat two seats away from one of his Secret Service agents and I can confirm that they are real people who also eat, sleep, and watch in-flight movies on the plane.



Flying over Sweden all I could think is "it's so green!" Back at home, California is in a drought but here there are lush forests everywhere. Also, there is a bunch of rivers and lakes here and many cities have islands as a main part of the city. I believe the city of  Stockholm is at least 14 islands connect by a lot of bridges. Here are a couple pictures I took on the taxi ride to the train station!




I have a curse - airlines have a knack for losing my luggage. This time I thought I was prepared, I packed a handbag with just enough clothes for a few days in case they lost my checked bag. Sadly they checked in my handbag at LAX in an effort to get the plane to leave on time. So I'm currently in Sweden with just my backpack and no spare clothes. I guess this is the world's way of telling me to go shopping and help the Swedish economy?

Bye for now!
Dilpreet
06-17-2014


No comments:

Post a Comment