Monday, June 16, 2014

The Past 72 Hours

Let me recap the last few days: 

Thursday 10 PM: I arrive back home and unloaded the car packed with everything I crammed into my dorm last year. 

Friday 10 AM: Arrive at the dentist for a regular clean-up. 

Friday 12 PM-2 PM: Grab my last In and Out Burger with my little brother then drop him off at robotics. Shout out to the Buchanan Bird Brains!

Friday 2-8 PM: Various errands. Highlights including going to get boba, shopping at Ulta, and buying new sandals. 

Friday 8 PM: I was supposed to start packing but watched Modern Family for a few hours instead. 

Saturday 9 AM: Woke up, finished laundry, watched more Modern Family. Grabbed a few things from Target and started packing. 

Saturday 9 PM: 70% of my packing is finished.

Sunday 2 AM: 90% of my packing is done, I head to bed knowing I'll be exhausted in the morning. 

Sunday 6 AM: My mommy wakes me up to get ready for Gurdwara (it's a Sikh place of worship). Despite my exhaustion, I get up to help volunteer for an event my family helps put on annually to honor Sikh Saint. It was great to see my family and friends at Gurdwara for the first time in months and the last time before I leave for Sweden. 

Sunday at 3:30 PM: I treated myself to pedicures with Sydney and Jackie (a much needed reunion and pedicure!). 

Sunday at 5 PM: Google maps choose the longest way to lead Jackie and me to another boba place. I needed to satisfy what was hopefully my last boba craving before leaving the country. 

Sunday at 6 PM: I came home exhausted ready to take a nap, but ended up helping my parents learn how to use their smartphones so that they can still talk to me in Sweden! 

Sunday 9 PM: Packing is 99% finished. Time to come up with a blog title (I hope you all like it)! 
_________________________________________________________________

So as you can probably tell, the last few days have been really busy. Since I need some sleep before heading to the airport tomorrow I'll try to keep this post short and write a longer (better) post on the plane. For now here are the important details:

I leave for Sweden June 16th and comes back September 7th. (I'll miss the Fourth of July in the US but I promise I'll try and celebrate it in Sweden!)

I will be doing research in Professor Martin Andersson's lab in Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Sweden. How did I get this internship? An amazing program through UCSB's MRL (Materials Research Laboratory) called CISEI (I'll give more details in the next post). 

What I'm most looking forward too: I've recently found out that Sweden has a lot of old castles....the little girl inside me who wanted to be a princess growing up is beyond excited to visit castles! 

What I'm most afraid of: I've been spoiled by Santa Barbara's beautiful weather for two years, so hopefully I'll be able to adapt to a chiller climate. 

How to contact me: Since I will not have a working phone right away, email and facebook will be the best ways to get a hold of me!  

adjö! 



3 comments:

  1. You are going to have the adventure of a life time! Just please... don't get a dragon tatoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe yet exciting trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will have a blast in Sweden and in Europe this summer!

    ReplyDelete