Sunday, June 22, 2014

Midsummer

So yesterday my fellow intern, Alex, and I decided to go explore the midsummer festivities. Only problem was that we showed up a few hours late to see formal Swedish dancing around the Maypole. We still decided to walk around this really cool park called Slottskrogen and explore. The holiday reminded me a bit of July 4th back home because it centers around families and friends gathering together, having picnics, celebrating the midnight sun and (I believe) having a delayed celebration of National Day of Sweden. Some girls had these pretty crowns on their heads that were made of flowers and small branches (not going to lie, I really wanted one!) I'll just fill the rest of the blog post up with pretty pictures!
Me in front of the Maypole. (Yes I'm actually alive and in Sweden!)


A fountain by a small restaurant in the park.

Small memorial in the park.
Small stream in the park.
Families having picnics in the park.
A cool looking building in the park.

Trail in the park.
Some ads placed on bicycles by one of the tram stops.
The park was a mini-zoo too. Here are some tiny penguins, there were also sea lions and some birds.


HeydÄ!
Dilpreet




No comments:

Post a Comment